Hi-Res ImagesChoose your gallery of Hi-Res images from CoLab's diverse array of workshops, performances and projects.
- Photographs by Andrew Denton
There are 16 images in this gallery
Last updated: Tue, 2009-08-04 10:49
- Photographs by Frances Joseph
There are 7 images in this gallery
Last updated: Tue, 2009-08-04 11:12
- FLY-TOWER brought together New Zealand performance designers and artists that represented New Zealand at the 12th Prague Quadrennial of Performance Design and Space, which took place in June 2011. The installation was conceived as a ‘live’ archive where artists and designers were actively re-collecting their processes, their performance work, and developing new work in the public context of the Auckland Arts Festival and the Prague Quadrennial. The installation was a hybrid environment, an active space between a designer’s studio, a production studio, and an archive. The exhibition structure was an 8-metre high ‘fly tower’ (base 5 metres by 4 metres) that houses 5 performance works created by NZ artists and designers. Each work was ‘performed’ for an hour and will then ‘fly’ back into the upper region of the fly tower structure. FLY-TOWER operated as an event space of various and simultaneous sequences of the design process, from pre- to post-production. This (im)mobilising event-space explored the evolving space and processes between visual arts, performance, theatre, architecture, film, and design practice, to ultimately expand our conception and scope of performance design. It intended to excite new ideas and possibilities, new production processes, and to stimulate dialogue between New Zealand artists and designers, working in an expanded field of performance.
There are 4 images in this gallery
Last updated: Thu, 2011-05-12 17:35
- A 3-hour evening performance event at St Paul St Gallery.
There are 16 images in this gallery
Last updated: Thu, 2011-05-12 18:18
- LIVE. REPEAT.PLAYBACK. was a two week programme of performance events, workshops, panel sessions, and exhibitions in preparation for the 2011 Prague Quadrennial of Performance Design and Space (PQ11). The exhibition explored the emerging paradigms of performance and media arts through critical enquiry and innovative performative practice in Aotearoa. It aimed to generate discussion, ideas, and directions for the three New Zealand Exhibitions: National, Student and Architecture, participating at the PQ11. The event was held at AUT's ST PAUL St Gallery in association with CoLab.
There are 15 images in this gallery
Last updated: Wed, 2011-04-27 18:02
- On the weekend of the 11th to 13th June, nine teams from Dunedin to Auckland demonstrated what it took to compress ‘the story’ into few minutes during the Script to Screen workshop at AUT . In the three day intensive workshop, teams were challenged to create a 3 minute movie for the mobile phone in a demonstration of how Mobiles and the internet have changed the way we see our world. From the workshop we witnessed “mobisodes” and interactive stories come alive; even the more traditional stories benefited from the mobile phone perspective. The teams were challenged not only through the time restriction for making a film but also in absorbing and displaying in the final product the distinct film-making techniques required for creating films for new technological platforms. The weekend was a huge success and lots of manic fun for the participants and facilitators alike. Colab looks forward to a successful ongoing partnership with Script to Screen with further events happening in future. Photographs by Pete Lipponen
There are 13 images in this gallery
Last updated: Wed, 2011-04-27 17:28